At Retro creating and maintaining a “culture of safety” is at the top of our priorities.
We believe that a safe and healthy work environment is our moral obligation to the workers. A safe jobsite not only creates healthy workers but more knowledgeable workers, which in turn, help us create the best possible final product to provide to our clients.
We have a full time in house safety director to conduct on-site trainings, routine job inspections, injury management, and procedure reviews and approvals, as well as a “all-in” approach to safety which starts with the ownership all the way down to our new hires. Communication is a vital component of jobsite safety and everyone from the owner to the laborer are encouraged and trained to notice, avoid and mitigate potential safety hazards on all of our jobsites. From a one-day residential flooring job to a multi-year multi-million-dollar government contact, safety is our number one priority and our stringent standards do not waiver from one to the other.
Retro’s safety program includes the following;
- Routine and random jobsite safety inspections.
- All supervisors trained in 30 hours of OSHA construction safety
- All supervisors with current first aid and CPR training
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) trained personnel
- Company Safety Committee that meets once a month at a minimum to discuss current trends and possible ways to improve the jobsite safety of our workers.
- In house training programs available by request
- Required toolbox safety talks for all crews on every jobsite.
- Minimum required personal protective equipment on every jobsite